This classic and impressively constructed Spanish finca boasts a unique and extremely privileged position, perched on a secluded private hillside with superlative views of the expansive sierra de Aracena stretching for many miles on either side, chateau is an idyllic oasis and the perfect holiday home for that very ‘Special Occasion’.
Designed and constructed to exacting high standards, evidence of the meticulous attention to detail can be seen in the quality of the wood, ceramics and décor where a sympathetic blend of both traditional and modern materials creates a welcoming family home very much in harmony with its rural surroundings. Great care has been taken to retain vaulted ceilings, open fireplaces, ancient beams and original stone floors, to name but a handful of the distinctive features. Large rooms throughout offer ample space and there is a seemingly endless choice of quiet corners and shaded terraces to seek out with a drink and a good book.
Perhaps the highlight of this exceptional property is the private swimming pool, where near 360º degree views can be enjoyed, a truly magical vantage point. In addition to the manicured lawns, mature trees and shrubs that grace the surrounding gardens, there are extensive orchards spreading down the hillside and to the sides of this imposing finca, providing total seclusion and solitude for anyone staying here, which also makes it the ideal ‘venue’ for large family gatherings or for anyone wishing to celebrate a special birthday, anniversary or wedding.
When your roaming instincts get the better of you, the choices are vast. Days out can be spent in nearby Seville, down on the coast in Huelva and even over the border into Portugal, all can be reached within an hour by car.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill’otel
Yey! Wait… what is that?
It’s the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What’s included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
The scenery around the picturesque and traditional Andalucian region of La Granada de Rio-Tinto makes you believe that you’ve stepped back in time; such is the natural beauty and abundant evidence of how things used to be. Rolling hills draped in olive groves, lush valleys swathed in all varieties of citrus trees and an explosion of wild herbs infusing the air with swathes of pleasing aromas. It’s safe to say that the flora and fauna here is quite staggering. Another reason for visiting this charming region is the close proximity of Seville, surely one of the most iconic, prettiest and diverse cities in all of Spain. Less than an hour’s drive away, Seville has heaps of breathtaking sights to keep large families of various age groups entertained for hours on end.
- Lounge with flat screen TV, DVD, Wi-Fi, fireplace, library and large ceiling fan
- Dining room able to accommodate all guests with air conditioning
- Industrial style kitchen with electric grill and oven, gas hob and gas oven, dishwasher, fridge freezer and microwave
- Bedroom 1 – King size bed with air conditioning and en suite bathroom (jacuzzi bath) and private lounge
- Bedroom 2 – King size bed with air conditioning and en suite bathroom and private lounge
- Bedroom 3 – King size bed with air conditioning and en suite bathroom and private lounge
- Bedroom 4 – King size bed with writing desk, air conditioning and en suite bathroom- Bedroom 5 – King size bed with writing desk, air conditioning and en suite bathroom
**All ground floor rooms share their own private terraced area with tables and chairs leading out from the bedrooms.
- Bedroom 6 – King size modern bed with air conditioning and en suite bathroom with writing desk and balcony with table and chairs
- Bedroom 7 – Double bed with air conditioning and en suite bathroom, large walk in wardrobe, relaxation area with access to a balcony with table and chairs
- Bedroom 8 – 19th Century ornately carved solid rosewood four poster super king size bed with air conditioning, en suite bathroom with comfortable relaxation area and balcony with table and chairs
- Bedroom 9 – French Napoleon III Boulle double size bed with air conditioning, en suite bathroom and writing desk
Turret/Tower 1 - Bedroom 10 – Located in the tower is the King size bed with air conditioning and en suite bathroom, walk in wardrobe and private balcony (maisonette room). On the maisonette floor of this room is a lounge area with 2nd en-suite bathroom
Turret/Tower 2 - Bedroom 11 – Located in the tower is the King size bed with air conditioning and en suite bathroom, walk in wardrobe and private balcony (maisonette room). On the maisonette floor of this room is a lounge area with 2nd en-suite bathroom
Supplementary beds up to a maximum of 30 people can be provided at an extra charge.
Exterior Grounds - Salt water swimming pool 10m x 4m with a depth of 1m-1.5m and ladder access
- Hot Tub
- Poolside shower
- Sun loungers and pool bar
- Laundry/Ironing room
- Sauna (being refurbished, due to be completed by the end of July)
- Steam room (being refurbished, due to be completed by the end of July)
- Indoor spa pool (being refurbished, due to be completed by the end of July)
- Gym (operational)
- Treatment rooms(operational)
- Conference room with kitchenette
Security deposit: €1,000 payable 1 week in advance
Arrival time: 4pm
Departure time: 10am
Energy costs included?: Yes
Linen & towels included?: Yes
Security deposit: €1,000 payable by bank transfer to the owner 1 week before arrival, and will be refunded in full within 7 days of departure if no damage caused.
Other Ts and Cs: Breakfast can be provided at an additional cost of €12 per person, payable locally