Chateau is set amid the beautiful countryside and rolling vineyards of the Entre-deux-Mers region of France. It is a tranquil and peaceful haven only 40 minutes from the centre of Bordeaux and the international airport. The historic town of St. Emilion - a world heritage site listed by UNESCO - is close by, and the stunning Cote d’Argent coastline is also within easy reach.
chateau is a beautiful 19th Century French Chateau set in its own private grounds surrounded by woodlands, vines and meadows. It has been loving restored to a very high standard and is furnished with antiques and period furniture.
The chateau sleeps up to 12 guests in comfort, with swimming pool, TV room (UK TV), Wi-Fi access, and many child friendly facilities. One night of free babysitting is included in the price!
St. Emilion (15 mins away) is a beautiful medieval citadel producing one of the worlds favorite wines, with many excellent restaurants and free wine tasting.
The stunning Cote d’Argent coastline is 1.25 hrs away by car. Bordeaux city centre (40 mins away) is the fifth largest city in France and full of charm with its magnificent old buildings, boutiques, cafes and street markets.
The chateau is a perfect base for lovers of nature: lakes Laubesc to Cessac (only fishing and walks ), Lake Blasimon (swimming, playground and fishing); hiking and bicycle touring routes and climbing wall (Frontenac) .
The chateau is 5 minutes from the Abbey of La Sauve, 2 minutes from an extensive network of cycle paths, 15 minutes from Frontenac (wall climbing, other outdoor activities), 25 mins from Lac de Blasimon with a sandy beach for swimming and fishing and 10 mins from a tree climbing and adventure park (tyroleans, nets, giant tarzan jump, climbing through the trees).
Activities in Bordeaux include go-karting, ice skating rink, zoo, restaurants and free wine tasting at the chateaux! There are markets every few days in the nearby villages supplying the true flavour of France with beautiful fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fish and bread. It's a 5 mins drive to a large, well stocked supermarket.
Bordeaux International Airport is 45 mins. Bergerac Airport is 1 hour 15mins. TGV Train to Paris/Bordeaux is 3hours.
The Chateau is decorated and furnished in the style of Louis XVI to reflect the period the Chateau was built.
6 Bedrooms and 6 bathrooms - Bedroom One: kingsize bed with ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom Two: Offered with 1 double bed (or) 2 single beds with private bathroom
- Bedroom Three: Offered with 1 double bed (or) 2 single beds with private bathroom
- Bedroom Four: Offered with 1 double bed (or) 2 single beds with private bathroom
- Additional Shower room
Bedrooms Five and Six have their own first floor private sitting room and stairway to
- Bedroom Five: 1 double bed (shared bathroom)
- Bedroom Six: 2 single beds (shared bathroom)
- Large Entrance hall with monumental stone fireplace and staircase to second floor. Second floor open galleried landing with office area leading onto bedrooms.
- First sitting room : style Louis XVI
- Second sitting room : style chinoiserie
- Dining room : style hunting theme
- Games room
- Kitchen with adjoining utility/preparation room with original stone sink
- Private Sitting Room for bedrooms five and six
- Patio area infront of the Kitchen which has a walled garden area looking onto the front park of the property which is also enclosed.
- Swimming pool (4m x 9m) in large patio area at the back of the property in a walled and private garden with outdoor Summer ‘Salon’ with soft seating and Pool House with changing area, shower and toilet.
- Wrought iron gates leading from the walled garden onto the large meadow with swings under the walnut tree.
- The house overlooks vineyards and woodlands and is completely private and tranquil.
- There is ample car parking for up to 20 cars.
The front door of the Chateau opens into the grand entrance hall with its monumental 14th century stone fireplace, beautiful grand chandelier and stone staircase leading to a galleried landing.
On the first floor there are two sitting rooms, kitchen with adjoining utility room, dining room and games room leading onto the terrace and swimming pool. The games room offers darts, snooker and ping-pong, satellite TV with English channels, chess, and various children's toys, games and films.
On the second floor arriving on the upper hallway there are four large bedrooms. One ensuite with a kingsize bed and a further three rooms each with double or two single beds. All bedrooms have their own private bathroom with fabulous views of the vineyards, gardens and open meadows.
A further two bedrooms have their own private sitting room and staircase to the upper floor with shared bathroom.
At the front of the property there is an enclosed garden with mature trees, shrubs and a lovely walled patio area with table and seating to enjoy your meals.
Within the enclosed garden at the back of the property there is a beautiful swimming pool (8x4m) and pool house with shower, WC and changing area. Under the horse chestnut tree there is a large table and chairs to enjoy your outdoor meals. Additionally there is an outdoor summer room overlooking the garden with soft seating and BBQ/plancha. There is also an area for exercising with bench, cross trainer and free weights. In the meadow there are swings under the walnut tree.
Dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, ‘Stove’ range cooker, American fridge/freezer, internet, Wi-Fi, home cinema (46 inches) wall mounted with Sky Digi box with French & UK channels. Baby cots, high chair, push chair. Outdoor seating with wooden table and chairs at front and back of property.
Security deposit: £155 to be paid prior to arrival.
Arrival time: 16.00
Departure time: 10.00
Energy costs included?: Heating and energy costs included.
Linen & towels included?: Linen and towels included. Swimming Pool towels not included.
Pets welcome?: No pets allowed.
Changeover day: Saturday.
End of stay cleaning included?: Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
Smoking Allowed?: No smoking in the property.
Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
Other Ts and Cs: Wedding are not allowed.
Maid Service Available