Chateau is a 10 bedroom chateau set in 50 acres of private grounds nestling on a hillside in the Midi Pyrenees with stunning views overlooking the Lot Valley. Absolute privacy and peace and quiet can be found here.
It is only a 3 minute drive to the charming French village of Sauzet (15 minutes drive to the larger town of Luzech).
The huge solar heated pool, dome covered Jacuzzi and tranquil fountains provide the perfect daytime retreat. At night the pool is lit and provides a lovely backdrop to supper on the terrace.
The Chateau has a separate extensive indoor sports building which includes a court marked out for badminton/soft tennis/basketball, a pool table, table top football, two table tennis tables, a darts area and a full keep fit area stocked with cycles, walking and rowing machines.
Outside there is a 5-a-side football pitch and a target golf course with six flags. Distances range from 100 to 170 metres which make it ideal for the serious golfer to hone his short game but also great fun for all members of the family.
A range of mountain bicycles are also at hand to explore the surrounding countryside. These facilities ensure that the chateau is a holiday destination for adults and children alike.
The property is suitable all year-round and is a great choice during Christmas and New Years.
Wildlife is also close at hand at chateau with wild boars, deer and an array of different bird species in the area.
Wireless broadband internet Wi-Fi and full central heating are available.
Note: a separate cottage with three additional bedrooms can be hired at an extra cost. Please contact us.
The nearest airports are Bergerac (90km), Toulouse (95km) and Rodez (110km). Sauzet (3K) offers a bakers, post office and small general store with Luzech (7K) offering further shops, banking and pharmacy facilities.
Sitting on the banks of the River Lot, the nearest town is Cahors (23km), offering a variety of shops combined with historic architecture and bridges. Regular boat journeys run on the river (Les Croisieres Fenelon and Le Bateau Safaraid); in addition to private boat hire (Babou Marine).
Other towns of historical interest include St Cirq La Popie, Gourdon, Puy L'Eveque and Rocamadour. The chateau is situated in the heart of the Kings' Vineyard region, with a wide variety of local vineyards within easy reach.
Weekly markets take place - Luzech, Wednesday; Montcuq, Sunday; and Praysac on Friday offering wonderful opportunities to soak up the culture and ambiance, and purchase exceptional local produce. Numerous excellent restaurants are within a 20 minute drive.
Within 50km of the chateau you will find horse riding, hot air ballooning, canoeing, climbing, paragliding, adventure sports and caving. A local nine hole golf course is in close proximity and within a 10 minute drive are various places to fish on the River Lot.
The Chateau sleeps 20
In order that you can pre-plan who will sleep where please find below a description of each floor and the rooms it contains. If you would like advice on sleeping arrangements please contact us. Cots and additional beds for children can be provided with sufficient notice. A good internet connection is in place throughout the property.
1. Drawing room – containing leather chesterfields around an open fireplace with wood burner, satellite TV and stereo. Large dining room table. Access to rear terrace garden and pool.
2. Kitchen with dining area opening onto the rear terrace garden and pool. Kitchen has range cooker providing five burners, electric hotplate, two ovens and separate grill. Island preparation area with two fridges, separate freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
3. Double bedroom with en suite shower room.
4. Cloakroom with basin and loo.
5. Rear terrace garden has dining tables and chairs, a large gas BBQ and a children’s play area with swings, sand pit etc.
6. Pool area contains lots of toys for in the water but we recommend that for your peace of mind you fit young children with water buoyancy aids suitable for their size and bring these items with you as we cannot guarantee we will have items suitable for your children.
- Cellar Wine Bar - This wine cellar has a carved centre table, subdued lighting and music system. An extensive range of wines from local vineyards are stocked. Help yourself and sign the book for settlement prior to departure. Our Manager can arrange wine tastings and local vineyard tours by prior arrangement.
- Laundry room - enclosed with washing machine and dryer.
- Large landing - with access to balcony over front door and to balcony and spiral staircase to the south, overlooking pool
Round tower double bedroom 2 - The Blue Room - with detailed panelling to walls,and with lovely old French carved bed. Ceiling fan. Four windows giving magnificent panoramic countryside views. - Double bedroom 3 - The Green Room Furnished with large triple antique wardrobe, French carved bed and side cabinets, and sumptuous drapes this is a sunny room facing south and west and overlooks rear garden and pool. Ceiling fan. Ensuite bathroom with large corner bath, shower over, toilet and washbasin.
- Double Bedroom 4 - The Terracotta Room Off north landing with a double bed and an additional single bed. Views over landscaped gardens to the north and east.
Separate Bath/shower room with toilet and washbasin. Shaver point and extractor.
- Double bedroom 5 - The Oriental Room - A light airy room with carved French cameo bed and matching wardrobe. Windows overlooking gardens to north and west and door to upper balcony with view of pool and jacuzzi. Ensuite shower room with toilet and hand basin.
Staircase passing door to north facing balcony leads to the second floor which is decorated in art-deco style. Four double bedrooms radiate from a small central landing which also gives access to a Shower Room with toilet and washbasin.
Bedroom 6 - The Parrot Room - This is a twin bedded room, north east facing room with two triangular windows with fitted wardrobe and ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 7 - The Rose Room - Twin bedded room with an ensuite shower room. Fitted wardrobe, this pine-floored room overlooks the pool to the south and grounds to the east and adjoins, and gives access to, the Camelot room.
Bedroom 8 - The Pink Room - This room has an extra long, double bed, three triangular windows facing south and west, and a feature stain-glass window.
Bedroom 9 - The Yellow Room - This double bedroom is situated in the north west wing and is pine floored with three windows.
The Camelot Tower Room
Contains a circular double bed with drapes for your little princess or knight!
Includes 3 bedrooms (2 double bedrooms and 1 bedroom with a set of bunk beds and 2 bathrooms. There is a lounge leading off the kitchen.
Note: the advertised prices do not include the cottage rental. Additional costs apply. Please enquire for details
- Absolute privacy and peace and quiet
- Amazing views over the Lot Valley
- Huge heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi (open approximately from May to end of September)
- Garden terrace with gas BBQ
- Children’s play area with sandpit, swings, ropes etc.
- Golf course
- Indoor sports complex with badminton court
- Fully stocked wine cellar with tasting table (wine tastings and tours of local vineyards can be arranged through Oliver's VIP Concierge Team)
- Good Wi-Fi access throughout
- Large drawing room with open fire, Chesterfield sofas, satellite TV, stereo, dining table and candelabra
- A great selection of board games
- Full central heating
Security deposit: A security deposit of 1500 euros (or equivalent sterling) is to be paid in cash upon arrival and returned on departure subject to full damage inspection.
Arrival time: 5.00 p.m.
Departure time: 10 a.m.
Energy costs included?: Yes (It would be appreciated if you would switch off electrical appliances and lights in rooms that are not in use. It is not difficult to overload the supply to the chateau. The pool lights are not designed to be left permanently on. Recommended maximum daily use 3 hours.
Pets welcome?: Possible under certain circumstances. Please enquire.
Changeover day: Saturday.
Smoking Allowed?: No smoking in the house.
Insurance: ALL members of the party must carry Personal Accident Insurance. We ourselves, carry the necessary Public Liability Insurance, however you should be satisfied that your standard holiday insurance gives you adequate personal accident cover for all activities.
Heating costs included?: Central heating available all year round.
Other Ts and Cs: Please supervising small children at all times by the pool
Linen & towels included?: Yes, including pool towels.
Pool heating charge?: The pool is open and heated free of charge approximately from May to end of September. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
Tax: Tourist Tax included.
Changeover day: The Property is not available for weddings.
Maid Service Available