Sun, sea and sand – for most of us, these are desired and essential for the perfect summer holiday! But with so many beaches out there, it can be hard to choose the dream location! To help you ensure you aren’t disappointed with the nearby beaches on your holiday, we’re sharing our 10 favourite beaches for a relaxed summer getaway.
Whether you plan to lay back and sunbathe in the glorious sun or keen to ride the waves surfing and explore the waters snorkelling, the following 10 beaches offer something for everyone…
1. Cala d’Hort Beach, Ibiza – one of Ibiza’s most beautiful beaches. Cala d’Hort Beach is very popular with families and young couples, as a small beach with a stunning view of the island of Es Vedra and the opportunity to catch a mesmerising sunset over the water.
2. Kavalikefta Beach, Greece – a fantastic small pebbled beach with emerald blue waters and a rocky sealine. This beach is remote; surrounded by large rocks and one of the quieter beaches on the Greek island.
3. Cala Deia Beach, Mallorca – located on the west coast of the island, this beach boasts beautiful turquoise-blue waters. Families enjoy exploring the beach’s rock pools especially!
4. Praia do Guincho Beach, Portugal – on Portugal’s east coast, this beach invites you to gorgeous golden sands. The beach has preferred surfing conditions, enticing avid surfers and windsurfers.
5. Cala Cipolla Beach, Sardinia – a small but beautiful beach, near Domus de Maria, framed by impressive granite rocks and rich vegetation. The beach has beautiful silky white sand and clear waters, perfect for paddling with the family!
6. Maiori Beach, Italy – A popular family-friendly beach on the Amalfi Coast, offering almost a kilometre of beautiful, golden sand.
7. Proizd Beach, Croatia – The beach on the small island of Proizd, a 30 minute boat ride from Vela Luka town, is popular amongst sunbathers, snorkelers and skinny-dippers! The beach boasts beautiful white sands and turquoise waters and welcome shady areas for those looking for a moment away from the sun.
8. La Garita Beach, Lanzarote – Families love paddling in its clear waters and fine golden sand, while at the southern end of the beach, surfers and adrenalin junkies can enjoy surfing its waters when the spring high tide occurs.
9. Iztuzu Beach, Turkey – A fantastic swimming beach near Dalyan, also popular amongst snorkelers. This 4.5km-long beautiful eco-beach is also one of the Mediterrenan nesting sites of the loggerhead turtle!
10. Plage des Rochers Beach, France – A small, sandy beach west of Cannes, offering a quieter and more tranquil beach experience. The beach offers stunning views and great snorkelling for the whole family.